What is a Kettlebell Row?
The Kettlebell Row is a pull movement. It requires core stability and balance, with an emphasis on the following muscle groups:
How to Do a Kettlebell Row (Instructions):
Trainer Tips for the Kettlebell Row:
Progression (make harder)
- Do the KB Row in a Squat Stance.
- Use a heavier weight. Scale up in 8kg increments (16kg, 24kg, 32kg, etc…)
- Use two kettlebells. As you lower one, raise the other.
Regression (make easier)
- Place the hand not rowing on a chair or bench for stability.
- Use a lighter weight.
- Lower your repetition count.
Rows are a great beginner pull movement. Add them to a kettlebell complex, or as a central movement for your program.
Fitness Resources Grounded in Biblical Truth