What is a Kettlebell Front Squat?
The Kettlebell Front Squat is a powerful lower body movement that can be added to the end of a clean. The Front Squat requires core stability and hip flexibility but is a great movement for developing strength and power in your legs and core.
The Kettlebell Front Squat is a full-body exercise with an emphasis on the following muscle groups:
How to Do a Kettlebell Front Squat (Instructions):
Trainer Tips for the Kettlebell Front Squat:
Progression (make harder)
- Use a heavier weight. Scale up in 8kg increments (16kg, 24kg, 32kg, etc…)
- Clean and squat with two kettlebells, one in each hand.
- Pause for one or several breaths down at the bottom of the squat.
- Increase your repetition count.
Regression (make easier)
- Do a Goblet Squat.
- Use a lighter weight.
- Lower your repetition count.
Fitness Resources Grounded in Biblical Truth