What is a Kettlebell Goblet Squat?
The Kettlebell Goblet Squat looks easy… but don’t be fooled. This is a powerful movement that can build serious strength in both your upper and lower body. The key to this movement is a strong core, a deep squat, and a firm grip.
The Kettlebell Goblet Squat is a full-body exercise with an emphasis on the following muscle groups:
How to Do a Kettlebell Goblet Squat (Instructions):
Trainer Tips for the Kettlebell Clean:
Progression (make harder)
- Use a heavier weight. Scale up in 8kg increments (16kg, 24kg, 32kg, etc…)
- Pause at the top and bottom of the movements.
- At the bottom of the movement, do a bicep curl with the kettlebell.
Regression (make easier)
- Use a lighter weight.
- Lower your repetition count.
- Bring the kettlebell closer to your chest.
Goblet Squats are a great warm-up exercise as well. If they aren’t part of your set, do 3 sets of 3 goblet squats to warm up.
Once you have your form down, this is a great exercise to go heavy with. Your arms will give out before your legs do.