Sifting through the myriad of Christian music out there is getting more difficult, especially if you are on the hunt for songs that teach sound doctrine. The most popular Christian songs today teach vague truths about God and lack artistic creativity, as they use hazy choruses and the same four chords on repeat for minutes on end. These songs are “fluffy“; they lack substance, depth and seriousness.
“Non-fluffy” Christian songs do exist, but a lot of them are not ones that you would necessarily add to your Christian workout playlist. Doing burpees to an a cappella version of Amazing Grace will edify your mind but won’t necessarily get blood pumping.
The songs listed below are the best, most edifying, and biblically-packed songs currently on my workout playlist that you can add to yours. These songs do a better job than most pairing sound doctrine with beats. You’ll notice I favor rap (KB especially) and whatever enjoyable genre Kings Kaleidoscope is.
This playlist is comprised of 21 songs, and it will last for about 1 hour and 10 minutes. The average Layman’s Fitness workout lasts about 25-35 minutes, so you can complete two to three sessions with this playlist. There are a few songs listed below that were written to be paired together, and I indicate that in my notes below.
The “Non-Fluffy” Christian Workout Playlist
- Art of Drifting, KB
- Art of Hope, KB
- Note – play Art of Hope right after Art of Drifting. That combination will make you want to slay your sin.
- Not Today Satan, KB
- I am Not the One, KB
- Bring You War, KB
- Rebel Intro + Rebel Rebel 88, KB
- Note – play Rebel Rebel 88 right after Rebel Intro.
- Armies, KB
- …Lost, Andy Mineo
- Suicide Nets, nobigdyl
- The Rush (all 3 songs), Kings Kaleidoscope
- Note – play the 3 songs in The Rush one after another.
- About to Break, Kings Kaleidoscope
- Does it Feel Like Real Love Yet + Sticks and Stones, Kings Kaleidoscope
- Note – play Sticks and Stones right after Does it Feel Like Real Love Yet?
- Defender, Kings Kaleidoscope
- Felix Culpa, Kings Kaleidoscope
- Light After Darkness, Kings Kaleidoscope
- Envy, 116 Clique
- Courage, 116 Clique
Enjoy, and please comment below with some of your favorites!
- 5 Tips for Sticking to an Exercise Routine All Year
- 4 Biblical Reasons for Exercise
- “Thoughts for Young Men”: Dangerous Procrastination
- The Long Road of Body-Stewardship
- Outdoor Workout: HIIT Picnic Table Edition
- The Snoozy Sluggard in Proverbs
- The 10 Minute Warm Up
- Get up and Run the Race
- 10 Minute Morning Workout
- The Kinetic Chain: One Body, Many Members
Fitness Resources Grounded in Biblical Truth
Layman's Fitness is dedicated to providing God-exalting information, motivation, methods, and workout plans so that the everyday man is better equipped to glorify God with his body.