Everyone has probably wondered at some stage what the meaning of life is or why they are here on this earth. In my opinion, we are all just trying our best given the resources we have at our disposal.
For some people that might be:
- Seeking or becoming their own version of “greatness” or “success”
- Finding a “personal mission” in life or a “true purpose” or
- Just enjoying life to the fullest and living in the present moment with no regrets
All of these are in my opinion destinations that we have subconsciously installed into our minds. Accordingly, the life we live revolves around the journey we each take to reach that destination.
Many people will say that life is about the journey rather than the destination and I would have to agree. On our journey there many tools that we pick up and utilise depending on the situation we find ourselves in. This is like picking up a walking stick as we are about to embark on a hill climb or building a small raft in order to cross the river.
Metaphorically, these tools can be anything from religion, faith, fitness, drugs, friendships, relationships and food etc.
All of these are mechanisms which we use to cope with our life journey, to help us fight our darkest fears, heal our deepest wounds and steer us towards our destination.
For me personally, one of the tools that has had the biggest impact on my life has been health and fitness. Specifically, it has been Powerlifting.
Although I am still an amateur in the early stages of my lifting career, the process of always wanting to beat myself, to become stronger than I was yesterday has helped me overcome all kinds of challenges in other areas of my life.
With all of that said, I created Laymansfitness with 2 goals in mind:
- They say the best way to learn is to teach. This is my way of internalising all the lessons I have learned and all the tools I have picked up on my own personal journey
- To provide holistic health and fitness advice and make it easily accessible and applicable for the average Joe and Jane. Not everyone is going to be an elite athlete in their respective field but that shouldn’t stop you from striving to be your best each and every day.
Laymansfitness is a collection of my thoughts and provides a cloudless window to my mind and life.
Thank you for visiting this site and I hope you enjoy it 🙂